NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"M. Steiner" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Oct 1997 16:36:21 -0700
We should start a campaign against the use of powdered milk.  Milk is bad
enough, powdered they use it so concentrated that it becomes a poison to
many of us!
 How about going to school and giving the children a mini lecture, or a
show and tell with pictures, with lactaid milk and maybe lactaid or mocha
mix ice cream if available in your area,  and explain to them about milk
allergies and milk intolerances in some people?  That way your son won't
feel so weird and different.  The teacher and the children will benefit,
and be more broadly educated for it.  And your son will love it!
I think it's up to us to educate the rest of the people that have no idea
what we have to go through.  And what better time to start than in
kindergarten.
Best wishes to you and your son,
Monica