RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 1997 00:33:06 -0400
From:
Dariusz ROZYCKI <[log in to unmask]>
Lynton just gave a recipe and that reminded me; at some point during the
day, yesterday I noticed that all of my interests seemed to turn to
veggies rather than fruits.  Lettuce in particular, but instead of eating
the leaves (they didn't look appealing), I decided to juice a few of them.
I juiced and drank very, very slowly. Funny how just days beofre that,
when I was still eating blended salads or drinking juices from either
lettuce alone or mixed with celery, I found that same juice very hard to
swallow.  Well, after drinking about one glass (in four freshly pressed
portions), the taste became harder to deal with, so I stopped there.  I
was satisfied though, and didn't have any veggies later on.  The same
happened when I did this with celery juice, which is somehting I could
never drink alone with making faces about it.   I had about a glass of
that juice too, and the whole glass of it was a delight to swallow.

I wonder if juicing, espeically the hard to get to veggies for some
instinctos, and drinking the juices in the way I did, is a plausible
solution?

During my past few days of playing around with my instincts, I have been
eating what I wanted and when I wanted, and for the first time since I
went on raw food, I have actually been enjoying each meal (no more
bad-tasting blended salads or juices I had a hard time swallowing).  All
this, while having a single type of fruit/veggie/whatever at each meal.
This is a most interesting experience, and one which is certainly doing
something to me - bad or good; that remains to be seen.  But I tell you,
nothing comes even close to what I get out of an egg yolk these days.
And I'm using using low quality eggs too.

Oh well, back to sleep now for me.