RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 17:40:52 -0700
From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Denis Peyrat wrote:
> - Mental hygiene and raw food : yes , of course raw food has definitely
> beneficial effect on mental health. This has been proved again and again at
> the turn of the century by the so called group of  "alienists", french,
> english  and italian psychologists and psychiatrists experimenting the so
> called "synthetic diet" in jailhouses  ( synthetic in the sense of
> synthesis of all necessary nutrients in a meal  not in the sense of
> artificial feeding )  . Eugenist physicians   further amplified these early
> research . I'm simply  amazed to read that raw fooders  should protect
> themselves against the deleterious mental after-effects of raw diet. If
> anything, Tom himself probably didn't protect himself enough from his own
> infringements to the 100% raw diet  ....As far as I'm concerned I have
> witnessed a sharp drop in my paranoid tendency  after my dietary change
> (this change was most noticeable at work, where I can easily claim to be
> less paranoid than a large number of my colleagues ( Please note that I
> wrote paranoid and not paranoiac ). I leave it up to you to decide whether
> this claim is in itself a sign of increasing schizophrenia ....

Since I am doing the work of releasing pent up emotions from the past--a
detoxifying process--the more detoxifying my diet has become, the faster
my mental health has improved. For me this has been in the direction of
raw and instinctive eating.

I would like to read about these 'alienists' and eugenic physicians. Can
you refer me to the books or literature sources?

Thanks, My best, Ellie