NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Art Pightling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 1997 09:17:38 -0500
You wrote:

>The tests that were done were the skin prick tests.

My allergist/environmental medicine DR says the prick test is not
accurate, and has not done them for many years

  If someone
>could remind me of the best tests to have done I'd appreciate it.
> I got a recommendation for a dr. that tests using the methods that
Dr. Doris
>Rapp does ( provocation/ neutralization) and I plan to give them a
call.

We had IgG4 panel of 96 general foods done on our son.  Also, the
provocation neutralization tesing.  It was brutal- I held my son down
for MANY needle sticks (some allergens , up to 4-5 sticks PER ALLERGEN)
just to see if he was reactive, and what dosage would help neutralize
the effects.  Both were showing him allergic to just about everything.
The bad thing about this is that it takes so many needle sticks just to
get information, and then they want to inject him every 4 days for all
this stuff.  Since he is not anaphalactic (sp?) , my husband refused to
consent to have him continue the treatments.  ANd you have to go
thruogh the whole testing process at least once a year to see if the
dosage they need has changed.  When you have as many allergies as my
son, this is insane.

I have been researching a mewer method which involves only ONE ! needle
stick every month, and then it stretches out to one every 2 months,
eventually , after the 18 th treatment , you are supposedly allergy
free.  It is called EPD (Enzyme Potentiated Desensitization).  It is
not yet approed by the FDA, and only a few DRs in this country are
trained in it.  It has been around Europe for ~30 years.  Check out:

    http://www.epdallergy.com/epd/epdhome

    The EPD Home Pages

>One more thing that I was thinking about is the fact that my son has
diarrhea
>every time he eats or drinks anything orange.  I thought I remembered
some
>talk about citrus and milk allergies running together.  Or could this
just be
>a digestive thing.

My son has same rxn to anything orange and milk (among MANY other
things) , also perfumes, scented hairspray, lysol, etc, etc, ...

>Any help would be great.
>
>Thanks,  Heidi L.

Good luck, Heidi.

Kim