From:
Judith Potts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 1997 08:33:52 -0400

Twice in the past 10 months, I've had blood tests and they have come back
showing parathyroid function is suppressed. My family physician says she
doesn't know why and none of the other doctors in her practice have any
ideas either.

She says its nothing to worry about, but I beg to differ! Parathyroid
regulates the level of calcium in the blood, and I was diagnosed with
osteoporosis last fall, so I think this IS something to worry about!

Could hypoparathyroidism be associated with CD and, if so, how? What can be
done to correct this problem?

BTW, I was also diagnosed (3 months ago) with hypothyroidism.

Any help or suggestions, including reference to medical articles, would be
greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Judith Potts

Ontario, Canada