From:
Vicki McKinnon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 09:48:32 -0800

Regarding Linda Swink's Fat replacements summary, I too gained weight after
going GF.  After getting used to relearning my cooking skills and realizing
the weight gain, I started cooking low-fat again.  I use Bette Hagman's GF
flour blend and make a lot of the recipes in Julie Rosso's "Great Good
Food".  Julie Rosso cowrote the Silver Palate cookbooks which were high fat
(but yummy).  She now uses lots of delicious substitute blends in her
low-fat recipes.  All the nutritional information is in all the recipes and
by understanding her substitutions, I've been able to "defat" many of my
family favorites without sacrificing the flavor.  My complaint of most
substitutions is the loss of flavor or quality or the addition of green
peppers to make up for the loss of flavor.  Her recipes never do that are
delicious.  I also am an original subscriber to Cooking Light magazine and
sometimes can adapt their recipes to be GF.

Vicki
Great Pacific NorthWET
Don't settle for less than the best....