Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 22:39:47 -0400
From:

Beverly Ford  <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I have a question for all the long time DH/CD'ers.  ....
>  My dermatologist gives me Dapsone and has said there is no need to go
>on the gluten free diet as long as this works.  We do periodic blood work
>just to be sure all functions are in order.
>My son was diagnosed with CD 3 1/2 years ago, (Diabetes 4 years ago) .

It is my understanding that most up-to-date celiac researchers consider that
everyone with DH also has Celiac Disease, (but not necessarily visa versa) that
is, DH is a particular manifestation of CD.

If you have DH and you are not on a GF diet, you may be controlling your skin
but your intestines may still have flat villi, and you may well be at increased
risk for intestinal cancer.

Bill Elkus
Los Angeles