From:
Nancy Newlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 1997 08:14:24 -0700

I had all of the tests mentioned in Susan's posting which pointed
to exactly the problem described--hypochlorhydria.  With the
addition of Betaine Hydrochloride and digestive enzymes to my
meals, my diarrhea, gas, and bloating went away, I felt less
hungry because the food wasn't passing through so fast, and
I really felt like I was getting more out of my food.

Luckily, my doctor is one of two in a nutrirional medicine group
with the emphasis on nutrition.  He told me that many people think
that their problem with gas and bloating is TOO MUCH stomach
acid and they take antacids for it (I DID!) but the problem is really
TOO LITTLE acid.

Thanks for the information, Susan!

Nancy