From:
Nancy Newlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 08:24:39 -0700

Here's an interesting recipe from "Feasting on an Allergy Diet."
(See book information following recipe.)  I tried these crackers,
and they had more flavor than I thought they would.  Try to roll
them as thin as possible, and they'll bake up crunchier.

Garbanzo Tapioca Crackers

         [This recipe has been removed from the logfiles, as]
         [it is copyrighted material---the CELIAC Listowners]

"Feasting on an Allergy Diet" by Bonnie Rascon and Judith Levy
Cuissential Arts,  1982
(I found this at a used book store.)

Amazon.com also has this book with a 1985 pub. date, same
publisher, $8.95, ISBN: 0961513640

There are many more recipes, some of which are gluten-free
such as millet waffles, fried buckwheate sesame bread, and
corn bread made with corn and soy flour.  I tried a muffin
recipe with buckwheat flour as indicated, and a variation with
teff flour.  For my food limitations (no eggs or dairy in addition
to gluten) they were nirvana.  But in the "real world" they were
nothing to get excited about.

Nancy