From:
Nancy Reagan-Correia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 1997 19:45:52 -0400

I would lik to thank you all for the responses to my questions.  I am sorry
it has taken me sooo long but responses were  still coming in.  Here is what
I have :

   Vinegar
The most recommended was apple cider vinegar (over 10)
some people named brands such as Heinz.
The next was red/white wine vinegars (8)
Then rice vinegar (3)
balsamic
Name brands that were recommended were
Nakano(rice vinegar)
Pompeii
Vons
White House Vinegars ( National Fruit Co. Winchester,Virginia)
THE WARNING THAT PEOPLE SAID TO LOOK OUT FOR WAS MAKE SURE IT
IT IS NATURAL .
one person said no white vinears, however one said Heinz was okay and that is
what I thought too.

Cinnamon
4 McCormick (pure spices, no blends and no curry)
2 Durkee
2 Tones
1 Spice Island
1 Old Bay ( need more info to be sure)
A rep from Durkee,Tones ,Spice Island, and Flieschman's Yeast wrote to me and
assured me the spices(pure, no blends were safe)  I called her personally to
discuss cross-contamination etc.  She insisted there was none but to stay
away from blends.  Her name was Kathy and the #1 800 777 4959
  Thanks again,
         Nancy in mass