Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 15:10:18 -0000
From:
Nancy Lilly <[log in to unmask]>

Jim Lyles kindly sent my list of reasons for wanting a diagnosis to me,
since the computer ate it long ago.  I thought it might round out the
gluten challenge info for those who hadn't read it.  This is a shorter
version than the original.........
1.   If I test positive, it would be a known genetic trait for my son &
his children to take into account.
2.   I want to trace back the line of inheritance, if possible.
3.   I was tired of doctors humoring me as though I was a few bricks
short of a load.
4.   I want a diagnosis on my medical record so I would have a better
chance of convincing the doctors & dieticians in the next hospital I land
in that I have special dietary needs. It would create a "credibility
factor" that might make a difference if I were sick or helpless.
5.   I would be pleased to volunteer for medical testing and research
re/CD, but naturally they need to work w/diagnosed cases.
6.   I need a base test as a standard to  check to see if I'm actually
gluten free.
7.   If I don't have CD, I have SOMETHING that is making me sick, and I
want to find out what it is.

So this is why I felt it was important to put myself through the gluten
challenge, and is the reason behind my recent "Gluten Challenge
Postmortem."  I'm receiving some interesting feedback, and I will
summarize it for you in the future.

Nancy Lilly