Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 1997 23:28:18 -0700
From:

Someone from the list questioned caramel color's GF status:

I belong to a support group in NJ, across the river from Pennsylvania.
The Greater Philadelphia (Pennsylvania) Celiac-Sprue Support Group lists
caramel color as such: it may or may not contain gluten, depending on how
it is manufactured. Avoid unless you know how it was manufactured. This
could include malt syrup (from barley malt) or the starch hydrolysates
could contain wheat. Other ingredients, Dextrose (corn sugar), invert
sugar, Lactose (milk sugar), molasses (from cane) and sucrose (cane or
beet) are gluten-free.
So I guess we still have to check this out, US OR NOT!
Cindy in NJ