Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 1997 22:36:43 -0500
From:
"Thomas M. Davis" <[log in to unmask]>

This is for beginners, but I got some mail expressing interest in the
replys.  I wrote for my wife who is celiac, but we've only known for
about 3 weeks.

My question (paraphrased) to the news group was:

"Is it normal to feel great for the first week or so GF, and then feel
symptoms of weakness, chest pains, fuzzy-head, cold clammy skin, etc?"

Thanks to all who replied.  The feeling of support is amazing in itself.

Its common to feel great for a week or two, then go into a "slump".  It
also common to experience brief relapses of symptoms for up to the first
year gluten free.  This is often hidden gluten, but some said it was
just part of the healing process.

Its possible she ingested some hidden gluten;  from processed food,
restaraunt grill contamination or other.

She should be supplementing her diet for the gluten free lifestyle.
Especially vitamin B to make up for the lost wheat.

One suggestion was hypoglycemia or low blood sugar (any other comments
on this one?).

A footnote:  one additional symptom not mentioned before is "hot spots"
on the bottom of one foot, base of the spine, and at the base of the
skull.  Plus, feelings of electricity moving through parts of the body.

Thanks again everyone; this group is the BEST !