From:
Kathryn Majid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 1997 10:42:34 -0400

<< diet which is possible when a human (or any biological
 creature) is in its ancestral environment without technology >>

Someone raised a question about fire recently, but if it was answered I
missed it.  Why is use of fire (cooking) not considered part of our ancestral
environment?  I understand fire was used before homo sapiens so why are foods
which need to be cooked to be edible "forbidden fruit"?

I always thought that cooking is what allowed our ancestors to increase the
meat quotient of their diet since we don't have the the teeth other carnivors
have for ripping into raw flesh.  I probably don't know what I'm talking
about.  Someone please enlighten me.