From:
Karl Mac Mc Kinnon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jul 1997 12:40:47 -0500
On Sun, 6 Jul 1997, Toby Martin wrote:

> Karl Mac Mc Kinnon wrote:

> Is this sarcasm?

        NO man, we are the smart people!  Screw all that "dignity of
work" stuff, dieting is TOO HARD to do.  The problem, I believe, is that
OA has got is part right.  The only way to deal with food addiction is
total abstanance.  NeanderThin cuts out every "drug food" I can think
of.  Without complex carbohydrates the only "eat more!" food I can think
of is rasins mixed with nuts (fat and sugar at once), and I think I can
handle that O.K.
        Now, some of us may have heard about NeanderThin from a friend,
which means we've got smart (or lucky) freinds.  But anyone on
NeanderThin, probably the only diet that works, has got to have it
together to understand the principle behind it.  Ray Audette writes for a
high-school level audience, so you don't have to be educated.  But you do
have to have an insight into your own body in order to say, "Yeah, I'll
do this."  That's being clever, cunning, or wise.  However you want to
say it, it's being smart without needing an element of education.
        People who understand the concept behind NeanderThin and agree
with it, and then say "But I could never give up my icecream!" or
something like that, are fools.  They live with contant alergenic effects
of an embattled immune system while we have quick rates of healing and
very minor illness.  We need less sleep and have more energy while
awake.  In short, we are transformed from Man into Caveman.
        At least in the short term, Ray Audette gets the Nobel Prize in
medicine for a way to loose wieght that's very easy.

> > Most dieters are out there starving themselves
> > on plans with 89% failure rates, and here we are not hungry and doing a
> > whole hell of a lot better just eating as much as we want of the right
> > types of food.

> Yeah, except in cases where your total cholesterol and LDLs skyrocket.
> :)

        I think I saw a post a while back to the effect of "give it six
months."  Cholestorol is bound to increase before it stabilizes.

> Do you have ANY idea how many people try Neanderthin and
> give it up? I'm almost certain that you don't.

        Which brings up a very good point, which you make below.

> Surely an individual preference... I, for example, don't even like
> steak.

        NeanderThin really, really works for me because I modle reality on
Epicurian grounds before I do Syberitic grounds.  An Epicurian seeks
pleasure though lack of pain, and the Syberite finds pain in lack of
pleasure.  So I would rather abstain from something pleasurable than
subjectgate myself to something painful.  NeanderThin takes away all the
painful things with the evolutionary logic of, "if you don't like it, you
shouldn't eat it." At the same time I -like- rare beef.  So I'm in hog
heaven.  For a person who dislikes meat, this diet must be pure hell, now
that you mention it.

Karl Alexis McKinnon     | And as your fantasies are broken in two
P.O. Box 193             | Did you really think this bloody road would
South Milwaukee, WI 53154| Pave the way for you?     - Jeff Buckley