From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 09:33:46 -0400
On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, John C. Pavao wrote:

> I guess the thing I don't get about this is, if people are supposed to eat
> different foods according to their blood type, that would infer that humans
> should have some innate sense of what their blood type is and which foods
> are compatible.

I don't think the theory implies this at all.  It does imply,
however, that when the type A mutation occurred, some 38,000
years ago, the selection pressure against it was not sufficient
to wipe it out.  That is, type As are supposedly more adapted to
an agricultural diet, but agriculture didn't arrive until 12,000
years ago, at the earliest.  So, between the appearance of type A
and the appearance of agriculture, type As were at a
disadvantage, but not a lethal disadvantage.

Now that I think of it, the theory ought to predict a greater
dispersion rate for type A blood after the appearance of
agriculture, since that would be the condition under which it
would flourish.  I wonder if the data support this...

Todd Moody