NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
George Kontos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 1997 20:17:58 -0400

Joe Clemens <[log in to unmask]>:
>  It's obviously milk products in the mayonnaise they use.  Eating
>  commercially prepared potato salad is suicide.  Don't do it!

It's home made -- I made it myself.  :-)

Ken Cook <[log in to unmask]>:
 >  Black Olives are processed with some kind of dairy-byproduct, but I
>  can't remember which since I stopped eating them after reading the
>  label.

You're kidding!  The ingredients on my olives are:  pitted ripe olives,
water, salt, ferrous gluconate.

Helen E Stephenson <[log in to unmask]>:
>  Check what the mayonnaise is made from.

The ingredients are:  Water, corn syrup, liquid soybean oil, modified food
starch, egg whites, vinegar, maltodextrin, salt, natural flavors, gums
(cellulose gel and gum, xanthan), artificial colors, sodium benzoate and
calcium disodium EDTA used to protect quality.

Berna Marcon <[log in to unmask]>:
>  You could have an allergy to eggs I guess.

Are egg allergy symptoms diarrhea and gas?

George Kontos