RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 17:59:01 +0000
Hi Tom,

a good idea to write a series of articles that can be handed to all
newcomers. It saves the time to answer the frequently asked questions
individually - although I prefer the latter; but if the number of
people is too high and the relation to them is too anonymous, as is on
the internet, this seems to be the right way.

Now to the contents:
I would prefer another order. What I wanted to know, when I started with
raw nutrition: what can I eat raw, what should I eat on a certain day,
how much meals?

The next questions would have been:
Where do I get raw foods, quality issues.

Then:
Food combinations, general theory, comparison of different approaches.
Here I would place the material of your first part and the warnings
against fanatic or zealous approaches. Then the teeth issue: heavy
citrus/dates eating, damaging your tooth enamel.

Final issues:
Long term success, own gardening, moving to tropical areas, permacul-
ture projects, changing of social environment, immunity issues (mala-
ria, ...), proceeding in case of severe ailments, integrating your
new lifestyle into your environment, further sources of information.

It's up to you in which order you finally will present your informa-
tion. Take this just as my point of view. I am not so much concerned
with the fanatics in the raw food scene. I simply make sure, that our
ways will separate and that's it. If someone asks for literature I
will give a hint, that this or that author is quite fanatic and may
turn out to be "undigestable". :-)

Best raw wishes,

Stefan