RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Karas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 11:58:59 -0700
After being on a 100% raw food diet for five years, I started eating a
cooked food vegan diet.  It was nice for a while socially but after
eating mostly cooked for about eighteen months I noticed that I was
having a hard time reading.  I couldn't seem to focus my eyes.  I
really didn't want to get glasses so I got some of those non-prescription
reading glasses to use when I needed to read.  This seemed to help.
After approximately six months of this I decided to go back on a raw
food diet.  I had been eating raw for a month or so, when I realized
that I had no idea where the reading glasses were.  I HADN'T NEEDED
THEM!  I am still not wearing glasses and was able to pass my driver's
license vision test without glasses last year.  When I next saw Dr.
Michael Klaper I asked him if he had any explanation of what had had
happened.  His answer was that if your blood sugar level gets high this
will tend to draw fluid out of the lens making focusing difficult.
Evidently my bood sugar doesn't go high on a raw food diet. Does anyone
else have similar experiences?

Dave Karas