RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 09:46:35 GMT
As a male, I am interested in menstruation mainly for any future partner I
might get so lucky to have.
So I would like to respond to those that have mentioned it recently:

Firstly, thank you each for your comments.

Martha, I repect your wish for privacy.

Trish, Thank you for being so open about it.

Vicki, I respect that that is your opinion (and it might well be right).

For myself, I have read in many places about the expectation that periods
would "dry up", yet fertility would remain.  On the other hand, I have heard
of women that have such experiences (mostly marathon runners).

There is also the suggestion that bleeding is some sort of "detox".
Apparently the blood has been found to be quite toxic. This could explain
why some women experience "toxemia" when they become pregnant, and problems
that can occur at menopause.  I will post the references when I find them.

My question is, to those that have experienced such changes, is:
"are they accompanied by general health, vitality, strength, fitness and
stamina?, or is it the run-down, no energy, loss of muscle-tone etc of the
semi-starved/sick?"

I suggest that we accept the healthiness of the condition based on the
healthiness of (1) the woman concerned (2) any children that arrive under
such circumstances and the quality and sufficiency of the "milk supply" and
health of the child while it is lactating.

( If anyone wishes to try this out, I could be a volunteer (;>)))...

Anyhow I am most interested !!!

regards and good feelings,
Lynton.