RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ed Kuchmy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 10:51:24 -0400
I don't remember what I had for breakfast yesturday but for lunch I had
a plum, a few grapes, a few raisins, a fig(not dried), a few pumpkin
seeds, a few sunflower seeds, and half a bananna. By few I mean about
1/8 of a cup. For supper I had a whole grapefruit, an orange, a plum, a
few each of raisins, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. Each meal was
very filling.

Today I have diahrrhea and feel nauseated. I had a cup of barley green
juice and intended to fast until I felt better but I got hungry and ate
some honey dew and musk melon. I usually eat alot of lettuce and tomatoe
sandwiches made with dark rye bread, butter, and vegan mayonnaise.
Earlier this week I made a salad using dark green leaf lettuce, spinach,
and raw broccoli with some vegan mayonnaise. It was pretty good but
other than that I haven't been able to bring myself to eat vegetables.

I know I ate too much fruit yesturday, much more than I usually do. I'm
not sure if that is the reason for my not feeling well today or the fact
that I ate seeds along with the fruit. Maybe both reasons made me feel
this way. Other than eating like that, I dont' know what else to eat.
I'm kind of waiting to be able to buy a good juicer. I dont' want to
waste my money on a cheap one. Once we have a good juicer I can take
alot of my veggies (the ones that taste the worst) as juice. My husband
likes to eat steamed broccoli, brussel sprouts, and asparagus with a
little butter. I had that once or twice and it is okay. I suppose eating
some steamed veggies is better than not eating any at all.

Until we get our juicer (which is going to be a while) and a food
dehydrator, I don't have much variety in what I eat. I changed to this
diet about 2 months ago and even though I have some good days, on the
whole I do not feel better. Especially today. I don't want to wait until
we get our juicer in order to start feeling better. With all our bills,
it could take a year. In the mean time I dont' know what to do. I was
also feeling depressed, angry, and bored. Oh, and I can't forget
irritable with the kids. I dont' want to feel this way. I also can't go
back to my old eating habits.

So that means the only vegetables I usually get is tomatoes and lettuce.
And some consider tomatoes to be a fruit. BTW, when I do make that
sandwich, it is packed with tons of lettuce, and I do love that
particular sandwich.

About once a week I eat cooked 'corn speghetti'. I'd like to eat baked
yams too but I keep forgetting to tell my husband to get some when he
does the groceries. (I'd planned on 85% raw, 15% cooked). As you can see
my actuall cooked percentage is maybe about 5%. Just sort of naturally
happened that way.

Looking forward to all sorts of easy, inexpensive suggestions.

Liane