From:
Harris Paltrowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 1997 21:58:46 -0400
At 09:36 PM 6/23/97 -0400, you wrote:

>Now that the hot weather is here, I don't even want to think
>about the craving that I would have for a cold beer, if I were to
>have one.  I suppose the lesson is to know your trigger foods and
>be especially vigilant about them.
>
>Todd Moody

        Thanks for your reply, Todd.  I probably will go ahead and start the diet
with the best intentions of being as compliant as I "possibly" can.  I'm
sure that if I start to see some great results (e.g. weight loss,
controlled blood pressure without medications) I'll be motivated to get
even closer to 100%.
        Now, about the beer . . .  that reminds me of another possible
non-compliance area I may have!  How does this group feel about giving up
the social drinking?  Any regrets?  Or do some of you just "cheat"
sometimes and indulge at the occasional social function?
        Thanks again for the suggestions.

Harris