From:
JoAnn Betten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 1997 16:05:25 -0400
>>In the Yeast Connection Cookbook, there is a recipe for nut pie crust (it
>>has very little starch).  I bet some experimentation with ground nuts, egg
>>and oil could yield a crust for the peach pie craving!

thanks, Lisa, i tried this yesterday.  i mixed walnuts in the blender, til
they were very fine, then mixed them with some egg white and olive oil, to
make the crust -- it was sort of mooshy, though.  then, being out of peaches
(i ate them all the day before!) i sliced up 2 apples, and put a bit of
nutmeg, cinnamon, and honey on them.  i used a little tart pan, lined it
with the nut mix, put in the apples, them topped it with more nut mix.  into
the oven for about 45 minutes, and it was really good!  close enough to
satisfy a pie urge. thanks.
JoAnn.