From:
Gary Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 1997 13:39:31 +0000
I have read some fruitarians use the protein connection to mothers' milk
and fruit to be a justification for a fruit only diet. They say mothers'
milk contains about the same amount of protein as fruit +- 3%. This
protein content in mothers milk does bother me somewhat. We grow faster
as infants than at any other stage in our lives and we do this on 3%
protein? In addition we are consuming approx 70% carbohydrates and they
are almost all simple sugars ie lactose. Either our metabolism changes
significantly or we force ourselves into a different macronutrient
composition with a paleodiet. I suspect it must be the former.

Gary