From:
Karl Mac Mc Kinnon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 May 1997 16:29:46 -0500
On Wed, 14 May 1997, John C. Pavao wrote:

> I've noticed since I started Atkins, but especially since I switched to
> Neanderthin a few weeks ago that the less cooked the meat is on the inside
> (as long as it's done up on the outside), the better I like it.  What's
> strange is that I never really liked steak before and now I love it.  But I
> still cook the hell out of hamburger.

        Hamburger just LOOKS gross unless it's a little burnt.  I tried
to make a pink-in-the-middle burger, but the texture was so visually
unappealing.  Not that I'm anti-muscle.  I got hungry, real hungry, at
the sight of blood when I was shopping for a beef roast yesterday.  That
was the FIRST time that ever happened to me in my life.  Maybe the
visual thing is that it looks chewed.  I think I'll stick to whole meats
unless I'm making a ground-beef salad.

-----
Karl Alexis McKinnon
SP2