From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 13:06:18 -0400
>Fact or opinion?

fact.

Based on what?  Medical studies from the same establishment that continues
to lie to us about nutrition even though it's killing people, all in the
name of profit?  Based on what you're told by the US government, that
bastion of truth?  I have seen no real world evidence that it has that
effect except during use, and I've known plenty of people who indulged
plenty.  I've heard all that reefer madness garbage, but until you can
introduce me to someone whose truly been brain-damaged by marijuana, I'm
not buying it.  Heard of people who's lives were destroyed by heroin or
cocaine, but I've never heard of anyone whose life was destroyed by pot,
unless you count people who have been put in jail because of the backwards
laws in this country designed to protect the businesses that would be
negatively impacted by a thriving hemp production.  And if you think that's
bull, do a little research on hemp.  It's amazing what can be done with it,
and we're hardly using it at all.  Do a little research on the laws
themselves, and their origins.  Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm going
to look them up again as well.

>And what's a non-stupid drug?

as far as mind-altering drugs, I say they are all unecessary. BUT, if you
feel the need to take a drug to alter your state because you have so little
control over yourself and your mood to bring about the desired effect
without articifial means, at least pick one that will not cause your memory
to deteriorate as well as overall motivation--such as: Ketamine.
Im not advocating drug use, simply saying that _if_ your going to take
somethign, choose something with the most benefits-vs-detriments ratio.

They are unnecessary to you, but they are a large part of many primitive
peoples' histories.  I haven't looked it up, but it seems to me that most
primitive peoples have their own special intoxicant, be it a plant, nut,
etc.  I personally used to enjoy drinking beer, but that option is no
longer open to me.  I would personally enjoy the opportunity to try
something else, but in America you've got to be pretty damn creative.
 Everything is illegal.  And try not to be so judgemental about how much
control people have over themselves, it's shrill and rude.  Personally, I
can't whip up a buzz off the top of my head, and I don't know anyone who
can.

I'm not at all familiar with Ketamine.  I'll look it up.

John Pavao