From:
Mara Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 1997 20:59:17 -0400
At 12:26 AM 9/6/97 -0500, you wrote:
>On Fri, 5 Sep 1997, Robert wrote:
>
>> But no one has any vested interest in promoting this knowledge--->how can
>> you make money off people helping themselves? You cant really. Not like if
>> you got them hooked on some mechanical devices that fit on their face<:^o

I am SO sick of the damn conspiracy theorists on this list!

If you think about it, the above argument makes no sense.  An individual
opthamologist could sign a patient up for months of eye exercizes and
corrective treatments (costing lots of money), but, forgoing these massive
profits, sells someone a pair of glasses costing, say, $150, with no
guarantee that the patient will come back to him/her for the next pair.

Also, if you think about it further, aren't charities always collecting
eyeglasses to give to the hunter-gatherer tribes in the Amazon and Africa?
So why do they need eyeglasses?  Usually old age, I think.  It's a natural
condition.  If anything, the reason we need glasses in modern society is
that people read under less than ideal conditions.  Next thing you know,
someone on this list will want to ban reading because it's unnatural.

The only conspiracy running the world is the one of stupidity.

Corbie

http://www.radix.net/~lindo
I am *NOT* a rabid feminist!  I had my shots last year.