From:
Lisa Sporleder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Aug 1997 00:02:54 -0800
Chin Up, Muriel :-)

There is at least one other straight woman in the category with you.  I think
I have more self-confidence than most people know what to make of!  So much
so, in fact, that I tend to scare off the real wimps.  (Not a bad thing!)
Mom raised me to be independent.  I think she probably thinks now that she
did a little bit *too* good a job!

But then, I suppose I better be confident in myself because I live alone in a
1940s vintage miner's cabin--complete with sawdust insulation, a rotting
spruce foundation, and carpenter ants in the roof--with electricity but
without running water--in the middle of Alaska.  (I'll get a proper house
build someday....)  I drive a late model 4WD truck, but you'll also find a
'65 T-bird and a '60 Ford pickup in the driveway.  (Men don't have *all* the
toys.  :-)  And unlike the men up here, *ALL* my vehicles RUN!)

If I weren't confident in myself, I doubt I would have had the guts to buck
the trend and go lowcarb in the first place, let alone take off 65 lbs in
1996 and maintain it through the first half of 1997.  Now I am beginning to
start losing again and am ready to get rid of the last 50.  I inch closer and
closer to a paleodiet as the months go by, and am *finally* beginning to lose
some of my cravings for dairy.  (It's hard for a Midwest girl to give up her
cheese!)

Lisa Sporleder
Ester, Alaska  (where the wild berry season is in full swing)

>Molly, presumably,<vbg>, means "very butch girl"??
>Not to worry, we all still love ya!  Well ,em, I do at least, em,

        Well, it figures.  I had admired how confident you are.  I must have
been
prenatally exposed to male hormones, but not enough to make me gay.  I am
the only straight woman I know who has any kind of self-confidence.  Now I
feel more alone, Molly.