From:
Caroline Albanese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jul 1997 13:35:09 -0500
about the PID...

I'm questioning how thw diagnosis of PID was made in your friend.  If an
organism hasn't been isolated, it's difficult to call it PID, unless
we're talking about an old case of PID which has led to scarring.  If
the symptoms are chronic pelvic pain, several diagnoses can account for
this,  either in the reproductive organs, digestive, or urinary tracts.
Who knows...we could be dealing with fibroids, endometriosis, urinary
tract infection, diverticulitis...the list goes on and on.  Without
knowing what tests have been done, it's hard to say what she has.

She needs a good diagnostician who can take the time to figure this out,
because it doesn't sound like the usual routine stuff has turned up
much.

--Caroline, MD