From:
Troy Gilchrist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 10:25:50 -0500
Paul Getty wrote:

> >> In Neanderthin the breakfasts often start with fruit juice.  I don't know
> > the glycemic index of fruit juice, but I would imagine it is very high,
> > with no moderating fiber.

The meals listed in NEANDERTHIN are examples of what Ray eats in an
average week. If drinking fruit juice (he drinks only fresh, unprocessed
juices) allows him to maintain a healthy body composition (5.2% body
fat), then it is okay. As a former diabetic, if fruit juice were a
problem for him, he would have known it ten years ago.

I avoid fruit juices in favor of whole fruit, and even then I only eat
small amounts of fruit in a day if any. NEANDERTHIN is a diet that
anyone can follow in their own way. Each person has to find how to make
NEANDERTHIN work for them. There is no prescribed diet, only general
guidelines.

Troy Gilchrist
NEANDERTHIN
<http://www.sofdesign.com/neander>