From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 10:29:12 -0400
Troy,

Unfortunately, neither of these options were available in Williston,
Vermont.  I ended up eating rotisserie chickens  and roast beef slices from
the supermarket, rotisserie chicken from KFC, small egg and sausage
breakfasts at Friendly's, grapefruits and nuts.  Steaks were available, but
they would take up an entire day's spending allowance, so on the days I
couldn't stand chicken anymore, the steak was the only meal of the day.  I
would have gladly spent extra if I could have, but I did not feel
comfortable spending too much while my wife was home alone in case she
needed money for something.  I never did find any "all-you-can-eat" places
in the three weeks I was there (or I would have been at them constantly!).

I'm sure it's not impossible.  I guess what I should have said is that
people who find themselves in my situation would do well to plan better and
research the area they are going to before they get there.  Personally, I
and my stomach are glad to be home (I got a box of bad chicken from KFC one
night and paid dearly for it).

I in no way meant any slight toward Neanderthin and I hope you didn't take
it that way.  I was one of its' biggest proponents while I was on the
lowcarb support list, and I still feel the same way.  I just found it
difficult.

Take care,
John Pavao

----------
John C. Pavao wrote:
> I must say that Neanderthin is not the diet for the
> > business traveler!

I have eaten NEANDERTHIN for six years and have always found a way to
keep expenses to a minimum. You will always pay a little more for a
meat-rich diet. Breakfast buffets and all-you-can-eat BBQ dinners save
the day for me when I'm on the road. Ultimately, any extra money you
spend on the NEANDERTHIN diet will be returned tenfold in the form of
savings on future medical expenditures.

Troy Gilchrist
Co-author, NEANDERTHIN
<http://www.sofdesign.com/neander>