From:
Molly NiDana <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 17:18:06 +0800
> What is most important to realize, however, is that the dietary habits of
> modern hunter/gatherers like the aborigine will look a lot more like what
> our own direct ancestors were eating before agriculture than our modern
> diet does.  My European ancestors were all barbarian hunter/gatherers less
> than a thousand years ago, and their diet would have -much- more closely
> looked like the diet of the !Kung or the Pygmies or the Aborigine than
> anything anyone in Europe is eating now.

Dean, this interests me - a thousand years ago would be 11th century
CE, and later in the same post you make reference to Irish ancestors.
Did you mean to say that your 11th century Irish ancestors were
hunter-gatherers, and if so could you expand on this?  If I'be
misunderstood, please accept my apologies!

Molly Ni/Da/na
San Francisco, California
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Delphi/4715/