From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 May 1997 16:10:27 -0400
Karl Mac Mc Kinnon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>        I was looking over cans of tuna last night for something I could
>eat.  Two of the brands had soy oil, so that was bad.  One of the brands
>looked safe, but it had something called "vegitable broth."  Does anyone
>know what this is?

With a few exceptions tuna will have hydrolyzed protein, and hydrolyzed
protein will always have some MSG. Since a Paleodieter really should be
avoiding this (and salt too), one has to seek out the few without these
chemicals. In the health food stores they have some. In the supermarkets it
is harder to find, so try a large one. You have a choice of packed in olive
oil, or in water with no salt added. Starkist has two (light and dark)
called Naturally Low Sodium Low Salt. Bumble Bee has some similar for a
little more money.

The darker one is not only cheaper, but has more healthy fish oils.

Don.