RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 02:11:36 GMT
From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Nick:
>By my experience grains and short sprouts are bad foods(I have never
>given a try to long sprouts). I think, they are destructive for nervous
>system and lead to depression, not to mention their complex starches
>cause severe intestinal fermentation. Surprisingly, cooked potato,IMO,
>does not have such undesirable effects. I remember Walker in his books
>was strongly opposed against grains and sereals in any form, besides,
>instinctos never eat them. Seeds are OK.
>I haven't been on raw vegan diet for long periods of time and cannot
>judge by myself. If such diet is deficient, maybe, goat milk will help
>diminish cravings and binges? Is it true that goat milk does not produce
>"mucus"? Anyway, I think dairy and even flesh are better than cereals.

Lynton:
i don't enjoy sprouts, which is too bad 'cos they  are so much trouble.

>Nick:
> I remember Walker in his books
>was strongly opposed against grains and sereals in any form, besides,
>instinctos never eat them.

Lynton:
the only way i like grains is in the form of barley-grass juice.
Walker was also strongly against most dairy, tolerated some raw cream tho
"of course it is somewhat mucus forming".

>Nick:
>Seeds are OK.

Lynton:
seeds as in nuts? i'm not too sure about these yet. i get the feeling that
the almonds that i like (i hope they are raw) are more trouble to the
digestion than they are worth.

keep :-))   or not?