BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
South London CWU <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 22:24:55 +0100
Hing Yip Lau wrote:

> ---snip---This summer I am conducting a project with the Research
> Centre
> for the Education of the Visually Handicapped concerning the
> effectiveness
> of screen readers for use with Internet tools for visually impaired
> people.

Hi I wonder if I can help. I am a member of the Disability & Special
Needs Advisory Committee of the Communication Workers Union. We
represent all non-Management grades in the BT , the Post Office, as well
as in other communication industries. Although I myself am not visually
impaired (apart from spectacles), I know that BT do employ visually
impaired people & do use screen readers. (I don't know the Post Office
position on this is.) I will ask the committee if we could circulate
your questionnaire throughout our membership, so that you may gain a
better sample.

If you want to contact me, either reply to me here
<[log in to unmask]), or give me a call in the office 0181 765
0698.

Andy Barber
DSNAC Member.
South London CWU.