From:
Mike Simmonds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 09:35:25 -0700

Hi again,

We had confirmed today that my wife has a form of colitis (not
ulcerative) as well as the CD.

She has been put on a course of steroids for three months
(Prednisone?) to reduce the inflammation.

Has anyone any experience of this steroid? It seemed to me rather
drastic to put her straight onto steroids before any other medication.
Naturally my wife is concerned about the possible side effect - hair
loss, acne, weight gain and the permanence. The prescription is 40mg
per day, but we don't know if this is high or low.

Any help, advice or comments?

Thanks all in advance

Mike