From:
Karen Bulmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 May 1997 07:11:37 -0600

I was only going to send this to the original poster but thought more of you
may have information for me not directly related to the original post.

I would be intereseted in your replies as I am trying to get my oldest son
biopsied for celiac due to information gleaned from this list.

He has chronic constipation problems, has been diagnosed with Attention
Deficit Disorder with possible underlying autism.  Myself and my younger son
were biopsy proven celiac.  Myself only suffering from frequent anemia and
tested due to my son having had classic celiac symptoms (basically starving
to death by the time they found his condition).

I am currently keeping a diary of his food intake and school is writing in
the same journal as to his behaviour at school.  Very up and down behaviour.
His is very brilliant and somedays aces his math quizes (grade 2) and other
days forgets how to subtract.  His spelling exams have been no lower than
80% and he usually gets the bonus words right.  They say he is at least at a
grade 3 level.

He is actually a young grade 2 since he only turned 7 in December, but his
behaviour and concentration factors cloud the picture.

I have been using this list to educate the doctors involved with caring for
my son and wish any one with information to reply.

Thanks for all your assistance and again hats off to the list owners who
have made this wonderful forum possible.

Karen Bulmer
St. Albert, AB, Canada