Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 1997 11:03:07 -0500
From:
Mary Brown <[log in to unmask]>

Greetings, list:

Does anyone have both celiac and Hashimoto's? I have just been diagnosed
with the latter and began taking a low dose of synthroid a few days ago. I
am particularly curious about what anyone with both conditions might have
to say about weight gain or bloating. I have been gluten free for about a
yea--few problems before the celiac diagnosis, but a marked improvement in
my complexion since (no longer anemic.)

I had no problems with weight gain or with bloating until now. I suppose a
little hypothyroidism can account for weight gain, but the bloating,
especially at night and irrespective of the day's diet puzzles me.

And how long after you began taking synthroid did you notice changes? What
were they?

Please reply to me privately. I shall post a summary if it seems warranted.

Thanks - Mary Brown