RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 1997 15:17:31 +0000
Hi Jean-Louis,

you wrote:
>Don't believe that your experience give you the right to express your
>opinions more than unexperienced people. And don't believe that
>if you have read a book that seems interesting, all the truth lies
>in it. I have more arguments about ethical questions than you
>might think, and enough material in my archives to write another book,
>but since this list is about food, I prefer to stop the discussion
>there (especially if I exhaust your patience).

That's okay (all of the above.) The point I am complaining about is your
overly quick judgements.
If you have more and deeper arguments about ethical questions I wonder
why you have done such a confused post recently. Arguments are good but
your standing points seems to be unclear.
I have read lots of books about ethics beneath the mentioned one but
they turned out to be one worse and more disappointing than the other.
So I didn't mention them (also I forgot the titles... :-)).

Jean-Louis:
>I try not to overwhelm the list (most of the time, no more than 1 or 2
>messages/day, easy to delete). If I had to wait until I have more
>experience in raw food, you would have to wait a few years until you
>get messages from me...

I hope I didn't trouble you so much that you are giving up posting your
experiences. I already mentioned I am appreciating you to do so because
most people just complain about their negative results. But if you con-
clude from your experience quickly that something must be this or that
way I'm the one to contradict.

Just one example. On 5/1/97 you wrote:
>2) Some wild fruits contain a high amount of sugar too, but under natural
>conditions we couldn't find so many, all year long. I suspect that
>they would lead to overeating too. Two days ago, I purchased some Zahidi
>dates (among others), from Orkos: they are supposed to be undenatured,
>and not as selected as the Deglet Noor. They tasted a bit like caramel
>candies I sometimes used to eat as a kid ("bonbons Krema"!). There did
>was an instinctive stop, which came sooner than with commercial dates,
>but only after nearly one pound, which I consider excessive (and
>expensive! 8$ on dates at a sigle meal).

The amount wasn't excessive for   y o u   and concluding that dates
are leading to overeating is wrong. Proof: I have no diffulties with
them after I haved finished my phase of date eating years ago. You are
still in this phase (a typical phase nearly every instincto goes through)
and wonder about the huge amounts of dates you can eat.
Other long-term instinctos also tell me that dates aren't attractive
anymore. Just if there is a real need. No attraction in every other
situation.
Please watch for your teeth if you continue to eat lots of dates. They
tend to bind calcium. I don't know an explanation for this. Detoxing
bad sugars in your teeth by partially dissolving the teeth? Binding
calcium from teeth/bones for digestion? Ugly and torturing questions.

Best instinctive wishes,

Stefan

E-Mail: Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>