From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 1997 22:25:30 -0700
See: The Journal of Applied Nutrition, Vol 32, Number 1, 1980 pg. 50-87
"Vegetarianism:An Anthropological/Nutritional Evaluation"
This review of the literature covers all the major illnesses of
vegetarianians. It also quotes one study that concluded that vegan
parents were practicing child abuse because of its' effect on normal
development!

Also see: Scientific American (Oct. 91) "Iron Deficiency" which states
that vegetarianism is the leading cause of reduced IQ (retardation)in
children worldwide!

> >Couple of quick questions Dean: can you point me to any of the evidence
> >that vegetarianism is a potent health hazard, or anyway mention what
> >specific health problems tend to develop and why?

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin:A Caveman's Guide to Nutrition"
http://www.sofdesign.com/neander