From:
Xenu's Sister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 05:39:22 -0500
At 06:37 PM 6/15/97 -0700, Gary Jackson wrote:
>I have been reading a book by Peter D'Adamo called "Eat right for your
>type". He goes into a detailed explanation about the evolutionary history
>of blood types and their associated antigens . Basically from the hunter
>gatherer from Africa and type "O" to the types "A" and "B" and finally and
>most recently, type "AB". He suggests that your diet must correspond to
>your type. So a type "O" would be predominently meat and no dairy and grain
>and an "AB" would be the opposite.

I have no intention of buying this guy's book,
but according to what I've heard and read
on alt.support.diet, I (as an A+) should be
eating a low fat, vegetarian diet. UGH!

Beyond the fact that I'd only last 1 day
eating strictly vegetarian, I'm now of the
firm belief that it's an unhealthy way to
eat. Also, even though I'm having trouble
losing weight now on low-carb, I was on
Atkins in 1988 and easily lost 50 pounds.
Lots of things have changed between then
and now, but I don't think my blood type
is one of them.

Personally, I tend, right or wrong, to put
Peter D'Adamo into the category of astrology
nuts who try to fit everybody into narrow
"types" based on some nebulous criteria.

Vickie

"Never cry for the rain,
  It brings us soothing sounds
  to sleep by"                   HTR