From:
Dean Esmay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 1997 17:31:15 -0400
I think pork is 100% fine and any paleodieter should eat it and enjoy.

As for the urge for peach pie: the problem with falling off the wagon is
that even though you will probably not feel very good you will find it very
easy to continue to cheat.

On the other hand, we are all only human.  So if you are going to cheat, a
smarter strategy may be to find ONE thing that violates your diet very
much, and have that only once every couople of weeks--say, tell yourself
that every other Sunday you'll have some peach cobbler.

I might suggest to you though that if you stew some peaches then mix them
with honey you'll be well within the parameters of the Neander Thin
philosophy and might get rid of that urge for peach pie.

Really sometimes I'm surprised that folks don't think harder about what you
can do with this kind of diet.  There's such an infinite variety.  You just
have to start thinking about it.  On Neander Thin you have unlimited use of
fruits and nuts as well as meats and vegetables.  Cook, stew, bake, broil,
and mix any of the above as you see fit.  You can make wonderful chicken
soup with a couple of whole chickens and a bunch of onions, garlic, leaks,
spinach, and nuts.  Mix some curry powder and coconut milk and onions and
celery and pour it over a chicken breast.  Make some mayonaise with eggs
and olive oil and then mix that with celery, apples, and walnuts (they call
that a Waldorf Salad in America. ;-)  Make almond butter and eat it with
pork rinds.   Don't forget liver and onions.

Here's one of my favorites: Chop and crush some tomatoes and cook them in
bacon grease (optional garlic or onions too) until you have a thick sauce,
and then pour that over pork or chicken.  Yum!

Mostly it's a matter of using your imagination.  Although clearly a
cookbook is in order.  Perhaps we should start a data base of recipes?

 -=-=-

Once in a while you get shown the light/
 In the strangest of places if you look at it right   ---Robert Hunter

http://www.syndicomm.com/esmay