From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 13:10:50 -0400
Oh, I see, the "10 Commandments" from Neanderthin.  It's been a few months
since I looked at it.  I got confused.

I don't know if there's any problem with what you're thinking except that
it might be short of the proteins and fats the body needs (that we don't
get enough of in the standard American diet).  I remember Ray being very
partial to more meat in the diet as opposed to less, but he has also
mentioned hunterer/gatherers who eat alot of fruit as well.

The real problem with fruit is that it bears no resemblance to the real
fruit our forbears ate.  It's been genetically manipulated to be larger and
contain much more sugar so that it tastes better to the sugar-jaded people
who buy it.  I have an occasional grapefruit, but I find bananas to taste
artificially sweet these days.

As far as nuts are concerned, no problem there that I can think of.  I eat
pecans and almonds as snacks.

Good luck,
John Pavao

----------
> What's the 10 Commandments got to do with this?

The point about the 10 Commandments is that in only identifying TYPES
of foods, I don't get any kind of guideline as to quantity or
proportion.
Well, there is one guideline to quantity: eat until you're not hungry.
But again, if it were up to me, I would eat fruit and nuts until I
wasn't hungry. But I have some reasons for thinking that this would
have the same beneficial health effects as a more well-rounded
Neanderthin diet.

Toby