RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 19:49:34 -0600
Dariusz:
>with more, supposedly "natural/organic" man-prepared foods.  If anyone
>ever gets his taste buds on anything dried (or any honey) that give you
>stops, please let me know.

You might want to make your own raisons (now while grapes are still in
season) so you can tell what they are "supposed" to taste like. We just put
a bunch of grapes in a hanging basket and after a few weeks you have
raisons (but we are in a relatively low humidity climate--if it is humid
you may need to point a fan at them, or perhaps they could be hung in the
fridge? never tried that myself).

You also might want to buy some comb honey if you want to be sure its truly
raw (though I've heard of some producers freezing comb honey).

Cheers,
Kirt

PS--Welcome aboard Roy & Marie! (I don't think you have to a moderator to
say welcome.) Roy, your intro post was very straightforward and many of us
here see oursleves in at least some parts of your story...again, welcome.

Kirt Nieft / Melisa Secola