RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 1997 13:07:35 +0000
Hi Dariusz, Lynton and Walter and hi to Liane,

Dariusz, Lynton and Walter, welcome to the raw-food list! Good to have
you here.

Walter:
This has never happened to me before.  I have been eating my broccoli
>lunch like this for a month now.  What went wrong?  The only thing that

I'm an instinctive eater, i.e. I listen to the signals of my body to
tell me what to eat and how much. I don't mix food. Instead I eat one
item at one time. Look into the archives for more information about
instinctive eating.

You have forced yourself for a month now to eat broccoli. I guess your
body doesn't need it and is telling you now the hard way. To find out,
if this is right, try following:

1. Smell the broccoli when it is still whole. Does it smell disgusting?
   If so, don't eat it, until the day you find the smell attractive
   again. If you can't detect a smell, don't eat it also. Only if it
   is smelling attractive, go for it.

2. If you eat it, eat it alone, without mixing, oil etc. Eat only
   until it is pleasant. Stop, if taste changes, becomes awful etc.

Don't worry for chewing normally. If you are not an extreme eater who
bolts food rather than chewing it, there is not much to think about.
It is quite normal, that parts of your food remain unchanged by your
teeth.

Walter:
>With my juicer, I got a vegetable spray that contains purified water
>and ionic surficant (I forgot the ingredient offhand).

If the spray can remove wax it must contain some chemical. Does not
sound healthy. Better buy food, that is not waxed, e.g. in organic
food stores (although they wax some food also). Is there no declara-
tion of contents on the spray?

Food toxins: If raw foods contain dangerous toxins I wonder how human
beings survived in ancient times when they ate 100% raw. Did they re-
fuse to eat raw celery because of toxins?
Well, I assume, they ate it instinctively, i.e. they ate it when they
found it attractive.
If you eat some of the vegetables although your body doesn't need them
they may have a toxic effect.
I have eaten all of the alleged toxic vegetables raw and I didn't ex-
perience anything negative. But of course I ate them only, while they
were attractive and tasted good.

Lynton:
>Once i was _OnTheRightTrail_ i found that my preferences were changing -
>sometimes just after i had decided that such a food was 'the best', and
>having bought bulk, i would realise that it wasn't really desirable at
>all - eg Nuts (too much Phytic Acid) - but also not that tasty really.

Lynton, what you experienced was your body changing its needs. This
happens all the time, but as a cooked fooder you rarely notice it.
Turning to raw sharpens your instincts and makes you aware of them.
Watch out for the quality of nuts and seeds. Most often they are dried
at high temperature and aren't raw at all. Look into the archives,
especially the excellent articles of Tom Billings about the nuts,
seeds, soaking and sprouting them etc.

Lynton:
>i had my mercury dillings replaced with plastic about 18 months ago.  6
>months ago i ate alot of oranges and then much blueberries.  then i
>noticed my top front teeth very rough and porous - loss of enamel.

Citrus are known to harm the teeth when eaten in large quantities.
See the archives for problems with teeth, bones, calcium and citrus.
>From my own bad experience I strongly suggest you undergo a chelating
therapy to remove the remaing metals of your amalgam fillings from
your body. They can prevent you from being happy with raw nutrition.

Dariusz,
the archives also discuss some remedys against weight loss.

Liane:
>having to do that. I was very disappointed and felt very left out with
>only McDonalds as a choice to eat.

>I would like to read about any other similar experiences, comments,
>suggestions, or if anyone has anything to add.

I always carry my food with me if there's no good source during the
trip. I prefer concentrated things then - dates, honey, bananas etc.
in order not to carry heavy weights with me.

Have you got my "prescriptive" suggestions to overcome your digestion
problems? Did you experiment with changes in your nutrition? Which
results? I'm curious!

Best raw instinctive wishes,

Stefan