RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Eric (Ric) Lambart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 15:58:00 -0800 (PST)
Tom,

Thanks for closing down this topic.

Read over and understand where you're coming from on the issue of zealotry
(I concur to a large degree, although most zealots don't get under my skin
too much, even when I'm at opposite poles from their position or advocacy
and they're busily engaged in breathing their fearsome rhetoric my direction).

I definitely agree that there is no discernable connection always operative
between peacefulness and veganism.  Like you, I know many a peaceful and
gentle vegan, but know more that evidence such virtues of character who are
carnivorous consumers.  Of course, there are very few vegans in this
country, and quite a few more burger warfers.

I just don't react too well whenever I smell censorship in the air.  I
disagree with a whole lot of stuff on this list, but enthusiastically
welcome the differences.  When I become threatened or fearful of such
opposing viewpoints and positions, then it's time for me look inside my own
head...or hang up my jacket.

Best,

Ric