From:
Peg Boyles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 07:34:11 +0100
>what are some of the dietary sources of calcium that can be increased in
>order to prevent leg cramps?

Grant: As a menopausal woman on the Zone diet, I've been really vigilant
about calcium; I get almost all of my carbs as green veggies - with at
least two heads of broccoli, plus kale, cabbage, oriental greens, mustard
greens, etc each day. The cruciferour vegetable are all rich in calcium,
expecially those you grow yourself in well-limed soil (I use wood ashes to
fortify my dirt!).

I think paleo men and women probably crucnched a lot of bones! Fish canned
with their bones are good sources of calcium, as are many seaweeds...