From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 1997 22:33:39 +0200
Dean Esmay wrote:
8<
> Most especially I was making the point that if someone turns up with poor
> lipid profiles after a few weeks on a paleodiet, before jumping to the
> conclusion that arachidonic acid in the diet must be the culprit, it would
> be sensible to also look carefully at fruit consumption.  If one is using
> fruit juices or dried fruits especially, it's VERY easy to get in a LOT of
> fructose.
8<

I have for the last 8 weeks eaten mainly fruit (+ some meat egg fish
and vegetables). Lots of dried fruit, banana, honey, nuts.
The last week I have switched over to more meat, but still lots of
fruit.
These are my lipid values saturday 970531:
(as they are measured in Sweden, in millimols per litre)
Serum kolesterol        4.3     (recommended:   < 7.7)
fSerum triglycerider    1.1     (recommended:   < 2.2)
Serum HDL-kolesterol    1.2     (recommended:   0.9 - 2.2)
Serum LDL-kolesterol    2.6     (recommended:   1.6 - 4.6)

I dont know if it is possible to read something out of this, it all
seem quite ok as far as I understand.

I am going for less fruit and more meat.

- Hans