From:
Dave Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 1997 00:36:54 +0100
Hi John

> From: John C. Pavao <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Variety
> Date: 03 June 1997 19:36
>
> Got a question for everybody.  What do you eat?

> I mean, I know what, but how do you prepare it?  Lately, I've got into a
> real rut with pemmican, steaks, burgers, and baked chicken.  It's so bad
> that last night I actually had a craving for fish, so I had a huge slab
of
> salmon.

Breakfast =  2 eggs either boiled or scrambled (beaten with <<herbes
fines>> and microwaved until moist)
Lunch= Salad - Lettuce, tomato, radish, pepper, cucumber & olive oil/garlic
dressing + corned beef (no cereal content - just tinned pressed & cooked
beef in beef fat - an Argentinian product aimed solely, it would appear, at
the British market) ? English pemmican I ask myself.
Dinner=Chicken curry - Madras style with pea bread = fresh boiled green
garden peas mashed & bound with beaten egg & fried in flat patties  in
olive oil - very tasty.
Supper=7-8 Brazil nuts &  (very naughty) 2 glasses red wine + a 2 ounce
chunk of smoked Polish pork sausage.

> What is everyone doing to keep it interesting?

We use lots of Mediterranean type herbs to add flavour to egg, fish & meat
dishes.

We also eat lots of curried meats - a great style of cooking in which carb
content can be rigorously controlled whilst preserving the immense range of
flavours available.

Has the CURRY (Indian Sub Continental cuisine ) penetrated the US? If not I
can supply some recipes - It's far superior to simple chilli based Mexican
cuisine.

I must admit that I'm more concerned in minimizing carbo content than with
philosophizing about what Paleolithic man might have made of my diet.

I try to follow the basic principle behind the NeanderThin idea which, I
think, makes a lot of sense. I don't rule out, however, anything just
because it wasn't available in 12000 BC. I think you have to follow the
general principle i.e. protein in/carbo out.

After 4 days my BG levels are almost normal  (from hovering around 14 to 16
mmol/litre) -  what can I say?

Gets off soap box

I rather think it's  the other way round - me thanking you & the other
stalwarts.

> Thanks,
> John Pavao

Don't mention it.