From:
nancy lutz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 08:42:12 -0500

Dear all,
     I was intrigued by the suggestion on a posting a little
while back about baking pappadams (Indian legume-flour wafers)
in the microwave. So this weekend I decided to try it. It works
great!!!  Here's what I did:

place a pappadam wafer on a paper towel in the microwave.
Microwave on High for 1-3 minutes (watch through the window,
it puffs dramatically. Great for kids! :-) ) Some will puff right
up in 1 minute; others take up to 3. From experimentation, it seems
to work better to set the timer longer (i.e. 2 minutes) and then
stop it when the pappadam is fully puffed, than to try short bursts
of e.g. 15 or 30 seconds at a time. My microwave is 1500 watts, so
if yours is different, you might have to adjust the times. But do
it on High.

This works MUCH better than the oven. And doesn't smoke or set off
smoke alarms like the oven method does!  :-)

Enjoy,
Nancy (S. Illinois)